How do Canadian small business owners make our country stronger?
Let us count the ways:
- They rent or own property in your home town.
- Pay federal Employment Insurance, and Canada Pension Plan (or QPP in Quebec) for each of their employees
- They pay provincial taxes. These taxes fund our schools, highways, health care, social network system just to name a few.
- They pay for municipal taxes. These fund our city services like our roads, infrastructure, emergency services, police, libraries, social services just to name a few.
- They shop local themselves: To clean their stores, equipment and cleaning supplies, purchase computers, office supplies, and other things you need to run a business
- They use our postal system.
- They vote and care about issues that affect your community.
- Their kids have attended the same schools as yours, they care about the quality of education, the quality of their school community and contribute to bake sales, go to the shows and cheer on your kids as much as their own
- They belong to local hobby groups, support local causes, you name it.
Now why in the heck wouldn’t you want to continue to support people who do all that?