Votes are in! A huge congratulations to Close to the Heart, this year’s best babywearing store in Canada.
Close to the heart
Business website: Close to the Heart
- I honestly didn’t know much of anything about babywearing before Larissa. She was there to offer me any information on many different brands and answered all the questions I had! I’ve been carrying my daughter for 16 months now thanks to Larissa and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Larissa is such a kind person, always there to help anyone out. She’s has monthly meet ups locally with other parents in the area where they can try carriers and share information. Larissa is also a single mother of two, running her own amazing business carrying handmade baby products too, not just baby carriers. She’s an amazing educator and even more amazing lady.
- Larissa helped me chose the right kind of carrier for my baby and myself. She is dedicated to educating on babywearing and has a lending library to test and try out products or lend a hand
- Larissa is hard working and believes wholeheartedly in baby wearing. Helped me with fitting my carrier correctly. She is very devoted and knows her product. One of the most amazing knowledgeable babywearing educators in the area!
Our small and medium-size stores build community in Canada, and are usually the first point of contact for many looking to purchase or to get help with a baby carrier. This was evident because this category received the second highest number of nominations. Canadians are passionately grateful to the stores who help them in their babywearing journey. Please, read the entries below. TO all the store owners, thank you for all you do.
Business website: Birdie’s Room
Facebook page. Birdie’s Room Chit Chat facebook group.
- Where do I even begin. She’s built our group lending library, gives us with space for our babywearing group meetings, offers local discounts, lets people borrow before they buy. There is no end to the support she provides to the local babywearing community. Last but not least sponsored me to go to Canadien babywearing school.
- Barb from Birdie’s room has started me on my Babywearing journey 4 years ago. She has worked tirelessly to bring babywearing to parents across the world, and shown countless people the joys of babywearing. She has been so generous with our local Babywearing group, as well as other deserving organizations, including the Carrying On Project. She always operates her business with the most admirable professionalism, and thoughtful care, in everything she does. She’s not only an excellent business owner, but an excellent person, inside and out.
- She’s been such a great help to our whole community of babyweareres. Providing knowledge, time, help, support and overall a rock for the babywearing people!
Hugs and Cuddles
Business website: Hugs and Cuddles
Facebook page. Hug and Cuddles Babywearing Chatter facebook group.
- I first met Kerri Devine at the peach festival 2 yrs ago. I had just purchased a second hand mei dai and was having trouble with it, I had asked for help at another store previously and they had half-heartedly offered me advice, then informed me that I could book a consultation. So when I met Kerri, she helped me, and was so kind to me. And since has helped me with all of my babywearing purchases. She’s kind and really knows her stuff. I recommend her to everyone and try and stop and say hi to her when ever out and about at shows and whatnot.
- Kerri is incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. She takes as much time as needed for one to find the carrier that is right for mom and babe. She this all and does not pressure the buyer into making a purchase. Overall, she is very kind and easy to work with.
- Kerri is so smart and informative. She makes sure that you leave with product that is best suited for you. She’s always quick to answer questions. Not only that, but she also comes out to meetings to help local Mama’s. She’s so passionate.
Snips and snails
Business website: Snips and snails baby
Facebook page. The Snail Shell facebook group.
- Karen from Snips and Snails is so kind and helpful, answers all the questions, helps get the right style and fit to beat suit your needs. There’s so many variables most people aren’t aware of when you first start out and when you dive down the rabbithole of babywearing.
- Karen has been fantastic for all our babywearing needs. She has been quick to answer any questions we may have and helped us find what will fit our baby. She has always gone above and beyond to ensure the best selection is available and to ensure we receive our orders and items in a quick fashion. She is a great mom and business owner to buy from and speak with. She is fantastic and I have referred others to her as well and will continue to purchase from Karen in the future.
- They make shopping for anything so easy. She helped me pick out a carrier for my toddler that I can also use with baby #2 and is even going to fit it for me and teach me how to use it. She set up a payment plan for me too! Snips and Snails is the best place to go to! Karen is amazing, because she engages with customers online a lot. She herself participates in various online babywearing groups, and is always ready to help or give feedback.
Carry me mommy
Business website: Carry Me Mommy
- Jessica, the owner, is incredibly helpful in answering any and all questions I have. Her shipping is fast. She also has a very generous payment plan option, making high quality carriers accessible for nearly everyone.