With only a small handful of days to vote, Canadians were enthusiastic. Congratulations Moncton Babywearing Group, you won the Best Babywearing Group in Canada for 2018. I recommend reading the rest of the nominations, we have some great groups run by some fabulous volunteers.
Moncton Babywearing Group
- They are a fantastic resource helping so many of us with fit on our current carriers, networking babywearing mum’s through the Facebook group & local meetups, trying out a variety of different carriers before purchasing.
- They helped me learn how to properly use a ssc at a group meeting. And they also have helped guide me / answered my questions in regards to purchasing a different type of carrier. I greatly appreciate the education and support that they provide as I would of otherwise shyed away from babywearing.
- Wonderful resource for all things babywearing! They also have an awesome lending library. Lots of tips and instruction on different carriers, plus information on how to safely wear baby. I bought both carriers I own now due to the discussions in the group.
Windsor Babywearing group
- This is such an amazing and supportive group run by local moms who manage the online group, schedule babywearing play dates and also offer a lending library on their own time. I like the playdates, it’s where you can meet up with other like minded moms to try on various different carriers and learn what may work best for you. They also do one on one learning sessions as well. I love this group.
- They provide so much knowledge and information regarding so many carriers and they take so much time out of their lives to run this group. When I joined, I quickly learned how inviting and generous this group is. Such a nice community.
- They are so great!!! They have the best babywearing moms and we are so lucky have such a great babywearing community here in Windsor.
Ottawa Babywearing Group – Under Wraps
- I joined OBG Under Wraps group about a couple of years ago, it was formed by many enthusiasts who enjoy using woven wraps to carry their children. It has been my to go group if I ever have any questions about wraps bst, wrap techniques, or just simply to show off my new wraps. The members in the group are extremely friendly and positive, no one talks about controversial topics, no triggering posts. It’s truly a sanctuary for people like me who just want to learn more about woven wraps, admire beautiful pictures of parents wearing their littles.
- Couple years ago, the babywearing community had many dramas going around and I honestly stopped enjoying being in the community as much, but since joining Under Wraps, the joy has returned. Even its parent group has been quite peaceful. The groups admins really work hard to make sure people are here to discuss and share babywearing knowledge in a safe space. My babywearing days are coming to an end very quickly as my youngest is already 2, I hope for the next couple years this group continues to grow peacefully.
- I have always been a part of the main Ottawa Babywearing Group, but to me Under Wraps is special. It is a smaller community, I feel like I know all of them and they are my go to place for many things — be it quick questions, commiserating and sharing parental woes, and enjoying everyone’s squish pics. In this group, there’s always someone happy to answer questions and share experiences. It’s a great group of moms and dads.
- The Winnipeg Babywearers has an active Facebook group of four thousand where members can access peer to peer support. Leaders are great at directing parents to current information and supporting all their members. They run two monthly meetings where anyone can access in person help, which includes trying carriers from their extensive lending library.
- The group has been meeting for over 15 years. Many leaders donate years of service providing a strong foundation for the group. Leaders are so helpful and kind, they work to make you comfortable and successful.
- The Winnipeg Babywearers were instrumental in helping me feel successful with babywearing. The in person help was so important to me and taught me so much more than anything I was learning online. It was so helpful to be able to try carriers before committing to a purchase. I went in thinking I would hate a ring sling thanks to the group I discovered how to use them to their full advantage. Now 7 years later they are still my favourite carrier.