A huge thank you to everyone who works helping parents in their communities. I am very pleased to announce this year’s Best Babywearing Educator is Mai-Anh from Emporte-Moi. Congratulations!!
Facebook: Mamasupial Montreal
- I have a feeling I only know a small amount of what Mai does. I know she has her own business and babywearing group, but I don’t know her through her local efforts. She started a private babywearing group for mothers interested in babywearing that are also physicians. This has connected mothers who will learn about babywearing themselves but also share with their patients.
- This is a very active group with over 3300 members and Mai has worked over many years, building up valuable FAQ resources to share and educate from the best babywearing practices) – ie. water safety, babywearing preterm infants, etc. I am also an admin within this group, along with a handful of other educators, but she should be commended for her continued passion and support for fostering new babywearers and helping experienced ones as well.
- Mai answers nearly every question within her groups, which is impressive considering she is also a physician herself with a busy schedule. She is also fully bilingual.
Educators who also work really hard to support parents in their communities. Thank you for all the work you do.
Little Hands and Me Parenting Network
Webpage: Little Hands and Me
- Tanya is the most patient and kind person I have ever met, no question is too small or stupid. She helps you understand how you should carry your baby securely for both yourself and your child. She takes the time to explain why it is important, and focuses on the safety and comfort of both the person carrying and the child being carried while working with what you have. I truly do not have enough words to say how wonderful Tanya is. On a side note, she has helped so much with my mental health after having a baby, and for that I will be forever grateful. She would be a very worthy recipient of any award for helping mothers.
- Tanya is an amazing person, with such dedication, commitment and passion for what she does regarding early child education and parenting. She works hard in her community to offer wonderful programs that support parenting and child communication, amongst an array of other education efforts. Her dedication and effort really shows an amazing talent and is well appreciated by all the people who participate in her classes.
- Tanya is tireless in her effort working with families in the Saskatoon area providing valuable information related to feeding baby, safety, and connecting during the early informative years. Not only has she helped others but remains open minded and searching for new material, courses to always improve upon her knowledge base. She has an interest and is certified in positive discipline which i feel is especially important is creating ” conscious” adults of the future!
Porter la Vie
Webpage: Porter la Vie
- Janie s’implique énormément dans le domaine du portage au Québec. En plus de son école qui forme des monitrices et aux parents. En plus, elle offre ces formations dans les deux langues officielles. Elle travail dans ce domain dès 2007. ENGLISH: Janie is very involved in babywearing in Quebec and started her school in 2007. Her school trains professionals, yet Janie also continues to work with parents in supporting them in their babywearing journey. Her courses are offered in English and French as she is fully bilingual.
- Elle nous transmet les nouvelles informations dans le domaine et partage ce qu’elle apprend dans ces voyages. Recemment elle vient d’aller à Rome pour la première conférence en portage Italienne (1 convegno italiano sul babywearing). ENGLISH: She works to ensure we receive the latest informations in the field of babywearing and including what she learns in her travels. She recently went to Rome to present as part of their first babywearing conference.
- Établissement de l’Institut National du portage des enfants. Le bût serait de combler des études dans le portage. ENGLISH: She is working with a group to establish the Institute National du portage des enfants. The goal would be to support the expansion of babywearing including studies.
Raising a Little
Webpage: Raising a little
- Lindsay is awesome and always willing to help. Whether it be answering questions in person or via social media, adjusting carriers or just being a listening ear. Lindsay has helped me adjust my carrier on many occasions. She loves what she does and doesn’t ask for anything in return.
- Lindsay is an amazing person. So personable and truely cares about other people, parents, children and their wellbeing. She is so easy to talk to and has so much knowledge. Lindsay has grown her business so much over the past year because of how honest she is.
- Lindsay helped me by finding the right carrier for my son and I. She made sure I knew how to use it properly and even came to my house to make things easier for me. She deserves to be nominated because she works hard and strives to make her customers happy. She is super friendly and knowledgeable about what she does!
- Lindsay helped me find the right carrier for my little, my 6’2” husband and my 5’2” self! Our little is only 8lbs and is curious about the world. We need a carrier safe for now and down the road that she could safely view the world around her.
Works for: Birdie’s Room
Babywearing group member / support: Halton-Peel Babywearers! and Mississauga Babywearing Community
- I first met Cindy on one of the many babywearing playdates she organizes along with babywearing hikes. Her kindness and encouragement helped me, along with anyone new to babywearing, feel comfortable and at ease.
- She’s always willing to go above and beyond with answering questions or giving tips and advice, often on her own time (outside of “business hours”).
- I think she derserves to be recognized for the amazing person she is and the wonderful job that she does.