2017 we held Canada’s very first Babywearing Educator Awards.
Best Babywearing Educator – sponsored by manduca
We had over 20 nominations for best babywearing educator for the 2017 awards and choosing the best of them was a challenge! I was hoping to have three strong contenders and instead ended up with four – there are so many helpful people in Canada!
Cindy LarrivÃ©e, Portage Double
- Elle m’a apprit une multitude de choses et est toujours la quand j’ai besoin d’aide ou des questionnements. Merci pour ton grand cÅur Cindy. She showed me many carrying options and was always available when I had questions or needed help. Thank you for your big heart, Cindy.
- Cindy give us the real information and really addressed our needs.Â Because of her I can carry my baby the way I always wished.
- She helps both moms and crafters achieve a better safety in babywearing.
Meet the other 2017 nominees:
Diane Pepin, Mother’s Helper
- Diane introduced me to babywearing. She taught me how to use several different slings, gave me a video, and printed information with web links. She trained me to help her at baby events with demonstrating and sharing information, as well as hooking me up to speak to a class on parenting and family at a high school.
- This woman cares not only about what she does, but the women and men she is helping.Â As she was helping us through our babywearing journey she would offered many solutions to suit our needs.
- When ever I called her in a panic because my wrap wasn’t just right she would talk me through it in such a calming manner that was not only respectful but built me up.Â It is because of her that I am such a big advocate for baby wearing.
Dr. Jill Bailey, member of Orangeville Babywearers
- As a local birth doula I connected with Dr. Jill who reached out to me about helping to build a babywearing community in our town (Orangeville, ON).
- Dr. Jill has been a local go-to resource for so many moms in our community and has been a guest at our “Mom & Baby Socials” multiple times.
- She is encouraging towards all parents in her approach, is extremely knowledgeable, and is a passionate babywearing mom herself. It would be an honour to be able to celebrate her efforts in our small town.
Jennifer Wadleigh, Calgary Babywearers
- Jen was a complete stranger to me and set me on a path to helping me survive motherhood. I was a nervous first-time mom to a very tiny and very vulnerable preemie and Jen came to my house to help me find the right kind of carrier and the right way to carry.
- She was so generous with her time and her knowledge, which made me feel so comfortable and confident. My daughter was 8 weeks early and just over 4 pounds when she came home. She needed to be carried constantly – she was cold and so small and really needed the extra love. Babywearing helped me give that to her while giving me the freedom to do more than just sit and hold her for the first two months she was home.
- The time Jen took with me helped me be totally confident in the way I was carrying her and I will be forever grateful. She gave me a huge gift in being able to meet my daughter’s needs and my own.
Corwyn Warwaruk, West of the 4th
- Corwyn is one of the leaders in our community for safe Babywearing.Â He helps anyone who asks, with no strings attached.
- He is happy to teach anyone how to wear their baby in what they already own. He can make the best out of any carrier and help a parent use it properly, safely and comfortably first baby and caregiver.
- He gives back to the community and is overall an amazing person, daddy and friend.