2016 Babywearing in Canada Conference
Supporting Maternal Confidence
Ottawa Birth and Wellness Centre – May 21, 2016, at 1:00 pm.
There are many factors which can influence successful outcomes in a breastfeeding relationship. Factor like what is normal in your community of support which can include:
- What stories have you heard about breastfeeding success, and failure?
- Resources in your hometown, like breastfeeding clinics.
- Medical professionals who can provide good and timely help, or know where to send you to get it.
- The community of support available to the parent.
- Advertizing influences, and more.
In this presentation, we will look at the factors for breastfeeding success by examining one familyâs journey through pregnancy and breastfeeding. It will challenge to redefine success and to see it through the eyes of the familyâs journey.